Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Mommy

I had a wonderful birthday this year. I can't believe I'm 25! I didn't really expect to feel older but I do. It's just funny to think of where I was even five years ago. I never believed old people when they told me that time flies by... but now I really know it! Weird.
I woke up to my sweet girl... first screaming her lungs out to get out of her room because it was morning, then the rustle of her diaper getting changed by Dad, and then finally... she brought me a birthday card and a present! She was very excited! I love that she doesn't really know what was going on (next year she might have a better idea). With the help of their awesome Daddy, Lainy and Nolan got me a pool for the back yard. And for those of you that know what my backyard looks like, no I DON'T already have a pool! It is one of those blow up ones. I know that sounds like something for the kids, but trust me it is for ME! I picked it out a little while ago and I love it! It is the perfect way to get cooled off in this dreadful heat! Lainy loves it too! We have been having so much fun with it!
Danny was so good to me. He kept everything a secret as he always does. He got his siblings to watch our kids so he could take me out to my favorite birthday dinner restaurant...Chiles!!! Yummmmm
Then we came back to the house for a party. Steve and Lori came too!I was so glad to be with my family!
Uncle Steve with Elliott and Nolan

Lainy enjoying a cup cake!
Birthday kiss night-night
This year for the Fourth we all watched fireworks at a local church. While we were sitting and waiting for them to start, Lori and I were talking about the memories we have of doing the same thing as kids. We both think it is something we want our kids to have and remember. That is one of the blessings of living close to family!
Family pic... Lainy is in this picture!

2 comments:

holly said...

Itsy, your family is beautiful! Happy late birthday! How did you get to 25 before me! I love you and miss you tons.
Holly

Julie Porter said...

OMW!! I'm loving the pool. I wish I could come sunbathe with you and the kids. I love how Lainy is wearing a life vest in 6 inches of water. Way to be protective Itty!! XOXO